Work experience doesn’t work. Securing a position is
difficult and undemocratic, and all too often students experience little more
than coffee-runs and filing.
We’ve got a better idea.
We’re running a raffle of week-long shadowing experiences at exciting and innovative start-ups and growth companies. Paid.
Spend a week at Vanneck: seeing the business, learning from members of the team and contributing to the company’s activity.
The winners will be drawn on 30 September 2020. 100% of proceeds go to charity.
Vanneck is an investment manager that has consistently outperformed the market for the past 10 years with portfolios spanning global equities and UK start-ups.
Ideal for those interested in: finance, venture capital
Contact administrator Ticketshop terms
1. The winner will be entitled to spend a week at the company in question, shadowing either one or several members of the team.
2. The exact activity undertaken by each winner will vary company to company, but all have committed to ensuring the winner gets the best and most realistic possible experience of life at the company.
3. Winners can arrange exact working hours with the company, but they will be expected to work 8-hour days with an hour’s lunch, Monday to Friday.
4. Winners will be paid the London Living Wage for a 35-hour working week. In 2019, this was £10.55 per hour which equates to £369.25 for the hours stated above. Students will be paid the 2020 London Living Wage, which is likely to be similar.
5. We hope that winners approach the week positively and make the most of this opportunity. However, if this is not the case, the company reserves the right to terminate the week's shadowing due to inappropriate or unprofessional behaviour on the part of student. If this occurs, the student will not be refunded the cost of their raffle ticket from Cancer. We’re Done. They will be paid the London Living Wage up until the point of termination.
6. In the unlikely event that the winner wishes to terminate the week shadowing due to inappropriate or unprofessional behaviour on the part of the company, the winner will be refunded the cost of their raffle ticket from Cancer. We’re Done. They will be paid the London Living Wage up until the point of termination.
7. The winners will be drawn on 30 September 2020 and winners contacted within a week afterwards.
8. The week shadowing should take place during Autumn / Winter 2020 at a date mutually agreed between winner and company. Unless otherwise agreed with the company, any weeks not undertaken before 31 December 2020 will no longer be valid.
9. In the unlikely event that the company ceases to exist before 31 October 2020, tickets will be refunded.
10. Entrants must be over 16 when purchasing a ticket, and over 18 when they undertake the week shadowing.
11. Entrants can purchase a maximum of 10 tickets per company.
12. Unless otherwise specified, the company is based in London.
13. 100% of the proceeds of the raffle will go to Cancer. We’re done., a fundraising campaign for immunotherapy research (UCL Cancer Institute) and charities supporting cancer patients (Shine and CLIC Sargent).
14. Cancer. We're Done. will not be held liable for any loss or damage on the part of the Student or the company however caused.
15. Licence number 19/12037/LILN