Canine Partners 25th Anniversary Dinner at The Cavalry and Guards Club - SILENT AUCTIONRead more ...
Welcome to Canine Partners 25th Anniversary Dinner SILENT AUCTION page. The dinner takes place at The Cavalry and Guards Club on 23 September.
A centrepiece of the fundraising is the auction, which are in 2 parts:
1. Silent auction
Bidding on this silent auction will open online at 9am on 9 September and will close online at 12 noon on 22 September. Highest bids from the online silent auction will be carried through to the dinner on 23 September, where bidding will continue live via tablets during the evening. Even if you are unable to attend, please do place a proxy bid (the maximum you are prepared to pay) online and we will use this to bid at the event for you. We will inform you after the event if you have been successful.
2. Live Auction – 23 September at 10pm only
No online bids will be available on the live auction items which are listed for viewing purposes only. However if you are not attending the event and would like to place a reserved bid please contact Milly Boxley at firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 September at 5pm, who will pass on your bid to the Auctioneer.
Live auction on the day will be conducted by Auctioneer Ian Peter MacDonald from Lyon and Turnbull.
Click here to view the live auction lots.
Please read the Auction Guide below for details on how to bid and how to secure a lot if you are not attending the event.
1. You enter the absolute maximum that you are willing to bid for an item.
2. jumblebee places a bid on your behalf, using the minimum amount required to make you the highest bidder, i.e. current bid price plus bid increment OR the reserve price, if there is one and it can be covered by your proxy bid.
3. jumblebee continues to bid on your behalf, whenever you are outbid by another member's bid, until your maximum bid is exceeded or the auction is won.
4. jumblebee will notify you by email if your maximum bid is outbid by another member and provided the auction is still running, you will then have a chance to enter a new maximum bid if you wish.
The current bid on an auction item is £100. The minimum increment is £10. You enter a bid of £150 (your maximum bid).
Using your bid, but increasing only by the minimum increment, jumblebee sets the current bid to £110.
Another person bids £130 but they are immediately outbid by jumblebee bidding on your behalf and the current bid goes up to £140.
The auction finishes and you have won the auction item at a price of £140.