Ottery St Mary Food and Families Festival 2019 Silent Auction.Read more ...
Hi All thank you for looking at our silent auction page.
The Ottery St Mary Food & Families Festival was first held in 2012 by a small group of individuals who wanted to celebrate local food. Community-organised and driven by a passion of local food and talent, this event shares with you our wonderful local producers, products and chefs. We are now looking forward to opening our 7th festival on the 1st June 2019!
So why the auction?
We are a not-for-profit organisation so not only do we want to put on a great event for everyone, we also want to see the fruits of our labour go to those who need it most; We donate all profits to local charitable organisations, including hospice care the local food bank and children's charities.
We have been very lucky in all the fantastic auction lots generously given by local businesses in East Devon and even one from Cornwall! We also have 5 auction lots from Jumblebee, there's something for everyone here so what are you waiting for? Also we will be adding some more lots throughout the length of the auction so keep checking this site and don't miss out. Get bidding and you could bag yourself a fantastic prize and at the same time make a difference to someone's life. Its a win-win situation.
We wish all you bidders good luck in winning your favourite lots, you can bid as many times as you like and on any number of lots. Most of the lots have a value put on them as a guide but the sky's the limit so think big.
Also we will put all bidders in a hat to win a hamper full of goodies from all the stall holders on the day. Winner will be emailed after the draw has finished.
The auction will finish at 17.30 pm on 1st June 2019
- ALL AUCTION LOTS TO BE PAID BEFORE COLLECTION.
- ALL AUCTION LOTS CAN BE COLLECTED AFTER THE AUCTION HAS FINISHED, ANY ITEMS NEEDING TO BE DELIVERED/POSTED WILL INCUR A CHARGE.
- PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE FREE BY CHEQUE, CASH AND BACS PAYMENT. ALL CARD PAYMENTS TO JUMBLEBEE WILL INCUR A 2.5% CHARGE.
1. You enter the absolute maximum that you are willing to bid for an item.
2. jumblebee places a bid on your behalf, using the minimum amount required to make you the highest bidder, i.e. current bid price plus bid increment OR the reserve price, if there is one and it can be covered by your proxy bid.
3. jumblebee continues to bid on your behalf, whenever you are outbid by another member's bid, until your maximum bid is exceeded or the auction is won.
4. jumblebee will notify you by email if your maximum bid is outbid by another member and provided the auction is still running, you will then have a chance to enter a new maximum bid if you wish.
The current bid on an auction item is £100. The minimum increment is £10. You enter a bid of £150 (your maximum bid).
Using your bid, but increasing only by the minimum increment, jumblebee sets the current bid to £110.
Another person bids £130 but they are immediately outbid by jumblebee bidding on your behalf and the current bid goes up to £140.
The auction finishes and you have won the auction item at a price of £140.