Imperial CarsRead more ...
With sites nationwide Imperial Cars understand that
it is important for our business to have a positive impact on people's lives
and believe in being an active part of the local and wider communities in the
areas our sites are located.
One of our key partners is Wessex Cancer Trust and we are working with them to raise money to provide support with people and families living with Cancer.
Wessex Cancer Trust believes that there should be help and support available to everyone living with cancer, when and where they need it.
Every year around 23,000 people are diagnosed with cancer within the Wessex region. A diagnosis can be a shock and have a huge impact on an entire family.
Wessex Cancer Trust helps and supports anyone affected by cancer regardless of age, gender or type of cancer. Their dedicated team are committed to offering free support for as long as people need it, away from a hospital environment.
At all cancer Support Centres, clients are welcomed by volunteer befrienders who are equipped to provide information, support and a listening ear. A team of specialist counsellors are on hand help deal with the emotional impact of cancer, and complementary therapies aim to improve well-being, help with pain management and increase self-confidence. They provide health and well-being information, exercise programmes and courses to help you move on from cancer.
more information about them: www.wessexcancer.org.uk.
Wessex Cancer Trust have been setting communities with their challenge of Zero to Hero
What is the challenge?
The challenge itself is very simple:
- Starting with a rubber duck, each of our sites had one month to head out and carry out a series of trades to obtain an item of higher value each time.
- We have listed all of our final items in this auction to raise money going to Wessex Cancer Trust
Christmas delivery* payment will need to be made by 18th December
Items will not be posted until payment has been confirmed.
For questions on the items please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*(Royal Mail timings dependant)
*(Royal Mail timings dependant)
1. You enter the absolute maximum that you are willing to bid for an item.
2. jumblebee places a bid on your behalf, using the minimum amount required to make you the highest bidder, i.e. current bid price plus bid increment OR the reserve price, if there is one and it can be covered by your proxy bid.
3. jumblebee continues to bid on your behalf, whenever you are outbid by another member's bid, until your maximum bid is exceeded or the auction is won.
4. jumblebee will notify you by email if your maximum bid is outbid by another member and provided the auction is still running, you will then have a chance to enter a new maximum bid if you wish.
The current bid on an auction item is £100. The minimum increment is £10. You enter a bid of £150 (your maximum bid).
Using your bid, but increasing only by the minimum increment, jumblebee sets the current bid to £110.
Another person bids £130 but they are immediately outbid by jumblebee bidding on your behalf and the current bid goes up to £140.
The auction finishes and you have won the auction item at a price of £140.